06 October 2006

Work Stuff

Ok, I'm only gonna talk about one work stuff, that that's ok. I'm getting a newer laptop!!! I kinda wish I were getting a NEW one, but this will have to do. It's an IBM R51. I'm not sure exactly how old it is, or how long the warranty has left. But that's ok too.
There are two sucky things about this laptop. The first is that I don't have a docking station for it, and I won't. but that's the worst of it. The other thing is that I will only have one power cord. But that's ok too. It was a nice luxury having a power cord for work AND one for home will it lasted with the dell. But that's ok. I can live without that.
There are a couple of good things. The first is that this laptop has a slightly faster processor. The other is that it has a nicer graphics card. I've been wanting to go to 1400x1050 for my resolution, but the Dell couldn't support that. AND this laptop has an 802.11G wireless card. That won't necessarily make for a faster wireless connection at work (although it is right now) but it will make a major difference at home.
When one of my coworkers has time I'm going to get him to check out the warranty for me. I would like to know the details on it. I know the warranty on the Dell goes out in February.
So, I just wanted to let the world know that I am now on my 8th, I think although I might have forgotten one and it could be 9th, used work computer. One day I might even be lucky enough to get a brand new one. But I'll probably have to work here for a little longer before that happens.

No comments: