18 October 2006

Coworkers....

I'm finding it hard to stay upbeat this afternoon. And it's not even 1 yet. I WANT to be happy. But it's pretty hard when the person who sits next to you hates you and is being bitchy with you the entire time.
I've tried to be nice and friendly, because I'm a friendly person. I ask her how her evening was, wish her a good lunch when she leaves for that, wish her a good evening at the end of the day. I try to ask her questions during the day. I try to get her involve in anything major I do in the office. But she barely responds to me. Most of the time I don't even know WHAT she says in response because she says it so low.
I see her interacting perfectly normally with other people in the office, assuming I'm not involved, so I know it has something to do with me. It can't just be her if she's fine with everyone else. I keep trying to think of anything I have done to her to make her act this way, but I simply can't think of anything.

Before she left for lunch I asked her if she had not gotten a chance to do some of the ATGs this morning. And she says, "I did like 12 this morning" in this defensive voice. I wasn't even accusing her of anything. The system was down this morning until just before I had to leave for a meeting. I did as many of them as I could before I left, but I didn't have time to do them all. I do that 8-9, and then not again until 12:30. She sits beside me and does them at 10. It was a simple question to ask if she had just NOT HAD TIME. I understand that. It happens. When I asked I didn't really realize that one of the guys in the office was out. And he is supposed to do this 9-10 and 11-12. Had I realized that, I would have been working on it before lunch. This is a question she has asked me a hundred times since we've been working in the same office. I've always answered truthfully and not taken offense at it. Things can get busy and you don't have time to do it. Sometimes you just forget. It happens. It's no reason to get pissy with me. I'm not going to judge you. Every once in a while when you update ATGs the updates don't take. But she didn't want to hear about that. I even told her I was just asking in case that had happened. But NOOOO she's not hearing anything about that.

Anyway she is beginning to really PISS ME OFF! My perfectly good day is going to shit because of her. I'm having trouble dealing with it. I can be perfectly professional and work fine with people I don't like and them think I like them just fine. She needs to learn how to be a professional and leave that attitude of hers in the lobby, or better yet AT HOME!

No comments: