02 October 2006

Coworkers, Sinus Infections, and Crushes

You know, I'm not sure I would think of these having mush to do with one another on a regular day. However, that seems to encapsulate my day fairly well.
My coworker isn't much better today. I've decided that her problem with me has nothing whatsoever to do with me at all. (Ok, maybe a little...) She generally doesn't speak up, so when the lobby of our office is full it's hard for people to hear her. Since she just repeats herself without getting much louder people have a tendancy to ignore her and wait for me to help them. (O-kay, that and the fact that I probably have a smile on my face.)
I have decided that my sickness over the weekend can be attributed to the start of a sinus infection. I've paid more attention to my symptoms today. I'm sneezing a lot, my headache is focused around my sinuses, and my few coughing spells feel like they are caused more by sinus drainage that anything else. I finally went and picked up some cheapo sinus meds from the university pharmacy about an hour ago. I'm not feeling much better though. (And yes, I did take a dose!)
As for crushes, it appears that a university student might have a crush on me. He had previously asked me to put my e-mail and phone number into his treo so he could call me later for some help with a computer issue. I only put in my gmail account. I'm not giving my phone number out to random guys (especially not assholes). So he comes into the office today for something that is actually related to my job, and asked why I never replied to his e-mail. I said I never received one from him. To be honest, I might have and deleted it thinking it was some of the spam that has started getting through the filter. But I didn't purposefully delete one to avoid him or anything. Anyway, he gave me his business card (manager of a liquor store I've NEVER heard of) and both of his e-mail addresses. Told me to e-mail him when I would be available for lunch. When I asked him what he needed help with, and he just told me to e-mail him. I would be amused and flattered, but he's an asshole. And I know because I took a class with him. NO ONE in the class liked him...

No comments: