06 October 2006

Are you a Werewolf?

We went to the Gamer Sanctuary last night and the game of choice was Are you aWerewolf. It requires at least 9 people. Everyone sits in a circle and everyone gets a card. The card tells you your role in the game. The possibilities are Moderator, Werewolf, Seer, and Villager.
The Moderator does the obvious. He is the narrator of the story. He sets the scene, then tells the major events.
The Werewolves get to kill one villager every night. While everyone is asleep they point out who they will kill to the moderator.
The Seer gets a vision after the werewolves have chosen their kill. They get to silently ask the moderator if one person is a werewolf each turn.
Each morning the moderator tells who has died during the night. Then everyone discusses who they will lynch for the killing. A majority vote is required to lynch anyone. Then the moderator tells if a villager, the seer, or a werewolf was lynched. This continues until either the villagers all die or the werewolves are all lynched.

I was narrator for one game, but I was a villager for the rest. I think I freaked out Thomasina during one of the games. I was sitting next to Greg, her honey and the store owner. I forget how it started, but I said something about sleeping beside him. That was a fun game because she freaked out!!! I ended up getting her lynched. It was great fun though. She moved across the circle after that and sat next to him for the rest of the evening. I do hope she was just playing around too and didn't take that too seriously. I don't know her well enough to tell. But I was very surprised by her reaction. I had a lot of fun playing moderator too. I made everyone sleep in the tavern the first night. And someone died in their midst. I will play again sometime, but I hope I get a chance at playing the werewolf. I think that would be great fun!

No comments: