14 October 2006

Man of the Year

I went to see Man of the Year with some friends tonight. It was a very good movie and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't what I expected though.

I went with the hubbie, a couple of our firends, the owner of our local gaming store and his lady, and someone else from there. While everyone seemed to enjoy the movie, everyone did have problems with it.

I don't want to go much into the movie and spoil it for anyone else. But, I will say that while funny it was a serious film. Robin Williams' serious films have never been his best. However, I think he found a great median this time. He was able to be successfully serious in a film because he was also allowed to be funny. This was a very real film in my opinion.\


There were also a couple of good previews tonight too. We saw the preview for the new CIA movie. It looks pretty good, but I will wait for it to come out on DVD. I will possibly go see Children of Men in the theatre though. I'm just not one hundred percent sure that I want to spend that kind of money on the movie. I think it will be a perfectly fine rental movie. But I have a feeling all of our friends are going to want us to go see it with them. We'll see what happens!

No comments: