10 October 2006

The Day I Almost Committed Seppeku

Yesterday morning SUCKED! I didn't sleep well the night before and had to get up early.
Josh and I had to report to the apt. people that our AC had leaked, and probably had for a couple of weeks. They guy wanted to know why we hadn't reported it sooner. Well, the honest answer, and the one we gave him, is that it has leaked into the carpet of a closet that we only use of storage. We didn't realize it was leaking until it got on out into the bedroom where we stepped into very wet carpet. I wanted to tell him that I don't ordinarily step into tiny closets to see if the carpet is wet for any reason. Should I start checking every square inch of carpet daily for water? But I was a good girl and kept my mouth shut!
We went and dropped my car off at the bod shop. That went really well. We didn't have any trouble getting there, and it took all of two minutes for the guy to write my name on a tag and put it on my keyring. He even remembered my name (it was over a month ago that I got the estimate done!).
Josh dropped me off at work, no trouble getting back across town in time, and I left a message for the guy at Shelter Insurance to set up my rental car with Enterprise. I know I should have done that last week, but, well....I didn't! he called me back about 30 minutes later and told me to call Enterprise and they would take care of anything. Well, he gave me the wrong phone number. 40 minutes later I get in touch with Enterprise and we do all the paperwork over the phone. We set up for them to deliver the car to me a work. They told me it would be an hour. Of course, they also had to have a copy of the proof of insurance on my car (not stuff from the insurance company that is paying for the rental car). Well, since I've already dropped my car off at the shop I don't exactly have that!!! So I walk to my apartment to see if I can find a copy. Well I didn't find a copy of mine, but I did find a copy of Josh's proof. On my way back to work I call and the guy at our insurance company takes my name and fax number and says he will fax me the proof of insurance.
Well, once I get back to the office I discover that the fax machine is having problems. After about ten minutes of frustrating work, I manage to get it to print out the waiting fax. Which says that they couldn't find the account and they need me to call them with a policy number. Well, their phone was busy for the next 15 minutes. So I fax them the info. Then manage to get them on the phone ten minutes later. They find the policy (it was in my husband's name) and fax me the proof. Then I sit on pins and needles for another hour waiting through my lunch break for the damn rental to show up.

Needless to say yesterday was NOT my day. But today will be better!

No comments: