27 February 2006

Mardi Gras

You know, this is an awful holiday. They let the students and faculty have two days off, but the staff has to work. My job IS students. If they aren't here, I have nothing to do. So, for today and tomorrow, I have to be bored at work.
Luckily, they can up with a couple of things to do. Homer wanted everyone to clean up their work areas and get rid of stuff that wasn't needed anymore. I did that this morning. Now I have only to wait for people to come get stuff.
And our office needs new headsets. The ones we have are kinda old, and they work for the most part. However, we don't have enough of them. Robin told me to look at some and let him know what I found. What I found and liked is the same thing that the networking team got. So my recommendation is going to be for us to get the same damn thing. They paid $300, but I found it for as little as $216.98. It just depends on where they let us order from. Hopefully it will be the cheap place, since we have to order at least 7. We have 8 stations right now, but I don't know if they plan to fill them all right now. One for each phone would be ideal. It would save is well over $600. We'll see what happens.
I also heard that the department is considering starting a small computer store on campus. I sent the boss-lady an e-mail today saying that I would be interested in working with that. Don't get me wrong, I love my job working at the Helpdesk. However, after 4 years I'm ready to advance in the organization. I think I could run that without too much trouble. We'll just have to wait and see what happens though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay finally new headsets! I never used on over there anyways though. O'well... Good luck on the Store maybe it will work out.