22 November 2006

Well, the Hattiesburg City Council has given it's ok to make this a smoke free city. I personally think it's a little dumb, but they didn't ask me.

I'll admit, I'm not a smoker. But a lot of my friends are. And now they can't smoke in restaurants or bars. I can understand banning smoking in restaurants. A lot of people don't like to be around smoke while they are eating. And I can understand that. I can even understand it upsetting some people because that put kids around all the second hand smoke.

But when it comes to a bar, that is just part of the experience. I have friends that ONLY smoke socially. So, if they go two weeks without going to a bar or something like that, they don't touch a cigarette. It's just something they do when they are out drinking with friends. Now, I'm not saying that I think that's ok or anything, but I do think it is something people should be allowed to do.

Ok, and since I can't string together anything remotely coherent this morning, I'll sum this up with my friend Chuck's opinion on the matter. "damn stupid bastards"

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I know a lot of people who have that same opinion.

mamabrandi said...

I totally agree with Chuck!!! I don't smoke either ... but Kevin will sometimes... O'well we can't change it so I guess we will have to live with it!