13 November 2006

Bad Start Weekend

Well, things were somewhat cool this weekend. Even if they didn't start very well.

I woke up feeling bad Friday and ended up not going to work. And apparently the bossman didn't get my message and everyone was wondering what had happened to me. No one had realized that I had left my laptop at work Thursday night and then figured I must have been in and went somewhere else because it was there Friday and I wasn't. I'll just have to remember to always keep it with me in the future.

Luckily I was feeling better by lunch since I had to go to a funeral. It was tough. Both Josh and I were doing good and not crying until right at the end. Mr. Mike, the little girl's grandfather, got up to read a poem. That did us both in. Those Riley's are just good at getting under your skin.

Friday night our game was cancelled because the Little women were sick. That was ok, but I ended up bored at The Gamer Sanctuary for most of the evening. It finally started getting interesting though later on in the night.

Saturday our friend Shay was sick, so that game was cancelled too. Josh went up to The Gamer Sanctuary for a while, but I stayed home and watched The Lake House. Then he came home to eat supper and work more on his computers. Then Chuck and Chris came over and we watched Lucky # Slevin. THEN Stimpy called Chuck and said that he and Chanda were going to stop by our place. That was amusing. He doesn't call the people that have the place. Anyway, Chanda asked me to go dancing with her at the gay bar. I almost went. But I think she was probably planning to stay out later that I was really up for. So I decided to stay at the apartment with the guys. I'll probably go dancing with her next time though. She's cute and my husband doesn't dance. Why not? :) And we watched Star Wars IV.

Yesterday was mostly uneventful.We watched the rest of Fun with Dick and Jane from when we had started it earlier in the week. And Josh decided that he doesn't care for linux. I'm not surprised though. He doesn't know how to do anything with it. We'll get him running with Windows this evening or tomorrow though.

Wow. What a weekend. Sick, Sad, Bored, Asked out by a girl, Watched a lot of movies, and basically did a lot of nothing. Wonder if the next one will be so busy. (And, yes, I know I wasn't asked out like that!)

Edit: Oh! And I read a couple of good books this weekend too! Golden Threads by Kate Hooper (I think!) and a book by Tami Houg (sp?). It's the first Houg book I've read. It was pretty good.

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry about your weekend. ((hugs))

mamabrandi said...

ha ... sorry i was one of the ones that was asking where u were that day ... i came over and said where is boo boo cause your laptop was out so i assumed that u were there.. LOL ... Jan said dunno i haven't seen her all morning ... robin wasn't in so i asked william if u were ok and he said i don't know but i will call her ... so he called u and that is when we found out that u were sick ... sorry :(
I am glad that u are feeling better now though ... that is also the day that i spilled the hand stuff on ur paper .. ooopppsss .. lol ... love ya