22 March 2006

Wedding Plans and other Assorted Things

I'm doing well on the wedding planning, ok, maybe not WELL. I'm getting things done anyway. I've ordered a wax seal stamp, and a wax gun and wax to play with the wax seal idea. I should get those tomorrow if UPS can do their job right. I've gotten napkins ordered for the wedding reception too. I can't wait for those to come in.

We know a lady that can do both the wedding and groom's cakes for us. I just haven't had a chance to really talk to her yet. But at least I'm moving ahead on that a bit.

Josh and I had our first shower Saturday. It was at First Baptist in Columbia. We got a lot of very nice stuff. We got a 61 piece set of our china, we got a few pieces of crystal, nothing we had registered for though. We got a lot of other stuff too. Some of it I am thinking about using at the reception. We'll see though. I've gotten the thank you notes written and addressed already. I'm just waiting for the wax stuff to come in.

Spanish seems to be going ok too. I made a 74.5 on the last test, but that's ok. I missed class Monday, but seemed to be better prepared than the rest of the class today. Ok, maybe not ALL the class, but better than some. And I have finished the homework for Friday too. There isn't much homework left now. I've thought about working on some in advance, because the next section is easy. But who knows. I need to work on typing my notes too.

I'm going to go buy a new handbag tonight after work. It's kinda for the wedding, but I will continue to use it afterwards. When I stopped by David's Bridal last week it was on sale. So hopefully it still is and they still have it. I really don't want to spend $30 for a purse for the wedding day. That's a little much.

Work is going ok. They moved Thomas up to sit with me at the front counter. It keeps me from being lonely up here, and from worrying about having someone to relieve me. He's here unless he's on one of his breaks or at lunch. So I have nothing to complain about. And we get along fairly well. He's a pretty cool guy.

Ok, I should really get back to work now. It's getting late in the afternoon and I have work to catch up on after being sick for two days.

No comments: