01 March 2006

Mardi Gras, Revisited

Ok, I'm not sure if the holiday was too long or too short. The kids in my Spanish class were all either still drunk and needed an extra day to recuperate, or the holiday was so long that they forgot what they were doing.
The stuff that wasn't TOO terribly hard on Friday was apparently the hardest thing they have ever encountered come today. And, of course, a good sized chunk of them didn't do the homework. I'll admit to having trouble with the part of the homework that we hadn't covered in class before, but the difference between preterite and imperfect tenses isn't that bad. I know I don't get it right EVERY time, but most of the time I can easily tell you which tense to use. Ms. Biron was going crazy wondering what had happened to the class. She reminded us all to practice and review before coming back to class on Friday. I just spent the entire time wondering if I should just ask to leave since I mostly knew what was going on. However, I sat and endured. I think I should get a medal for that. I think I was more frustrated over it that Ms. Biron. We stayed on the topic so long that I started to get confused. So I just quit participating. I hope that if she really noticed, she thought that I knew what was going on and just let everyone else have her attention.
Nothing personal, but our test is supposed to be on the 13th, and we are already at least 2 days behind on this chapter. Either the rest of the stuff will be super easy, or I'm going to pray that she will put off the exam one day. I'm probably not that lucky, but I hope I don't end up suffering because the class can't understand a few simple rules.

No comments: