25 July 2006

It's only Tuesday, but WHAT A WEEK!!!

Ok. I've had a killer beginning of a week. And I haven't even taken any of my finals yet.
I went to the doctor yesterday morning because I'd been feeling all around yucky for a while. He asked questions, did tests, and promptly decided that I have an anxiety disorder. Wonderful. Talk about a great way to start the week...So he gave me some meds to start taking, told me to come back in a week, and to have an assessment done.
Then, as soon as I get back to the office my phone is ringing. Another of my tests have come back. He wants me to do a fasting glucose test when I go back. WOW...more wonderful news.
This morning I went to the Counseling Center for my assessment. After waiting forever and getting fidgety in the small crowded waiting room someone comes to get me. She asks a lot of questions and says some stuff. Then pulls out the BDI. For those who don't know, that's the Beck Depression Inventory. I spend some time filling it out and after some bad math we both agree that I have scored a 29.
Ok, this might sound bad or good to some of you, depending on the orientation. Well, I wasn't sure I felt so good about this. After pulling out her score card we discover that I apparently have borderline moderate/severe depression. She said that 30 is severe.
Now, that's what I'm talking about! That's the way to start my week of finals. At least I have discovered that I will be happy with a 63 on my calculus final and a 43 on my Accounting final. That would give me a B and an A for summer.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Well, you're getting it taken care of, and that's what's important! You'll be like a whole new person!!!

mamabrandi said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having as bad of a time as I am! Maybe there is something going around that we are unaware of! I am happy that you are smart enough to get help when needed most people would have just put it off and not done anything! But you are a smart girl! .... And don't worry about you test ... you will do fine .... you always do! Let me know if I can do anything for ya ... I am always around somewhere!

Cat said...

And to boot....We all love you too :)