30 July 2006

Disappointment

I was eagerly awaiting having the money to pick up Patricia Cornwell's new novella At Risk. I shouldn't have bothered. I was disappointed that it came from one of my favorite authors. While it does have some interesting points in it, it isn't her usual caliber of work. If you just HAVE to read this book, go to your local library or borrow it from me. I hope she comes up out with a new, better novel soon. It doesn't have to be a Scarpetta novel to interest me, it just has to be good.

I should have saved my money for Dragon's Fire, the new Pern novel by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. It's a sequel to their first collaboration and is bound to be terrific. I've never read a Pern novel I didn't love. It hasn't been out long, maybe BAM has it marked cheap...

I found out this weekend that a movie is coming out based on one of my favorite books, Eragon. It comes out December 15. I'm almost scared that they will have ruined it. While they did well and used an unknown in the title role, there are several names in it that I recognized. Ok, so I only recognized the name of Jeremy Irons. When I started checking out filmographies I recognized some of these people. So, it has a decent cast. The question is, have they pulled off a good adaptation, or have they ruined the first novel by one of my now favorite authors. And when is Christopher going to release the end of the trilogy?!? Can't he see that we are all impatient and want to know what happens next???

No comments: