14 July 2006

Company!!!

We're having company over tonight. The other married couple in our group, Joe and Lynn, are coming to visit. Joe is supposed to help Josh make a Magic deck. I wish them fun.
On the other hand, I hope I can stay awake. I was up at 5 this morning to get the apartment cleaned and start on supper. I found a recipe for roast beef sandwiches. I picked up the roast and stuff last night and put it all in the crockpot this morning. I hope it's good. I even went to Wal-Mart before 6 this morning when I realized that we didn't have any Soy Sauce!
Jan, the other 2nd level tech at work, has been moved up to the front counter to work with me. I'm not terribly sure how well this is going to work. Because she is pissed to have been moved up here. And I'm obviously not someone anyone wants to work with. She's the 7th person to share the front counter with me this year. And it's only July. I was going for a record number on people, but I think Robin wanted to put an end to that! I just hope she gets adjusted to things.
I'll have to take pictures of the apartment tonight now that it is kinda clean. There are still small areas of discord, but that will eventually get cleared up. And there are still a lot of boxes in the back room, but it all looks kinda neat now. I'll try to post those next week.
My goal for the morning got a good start. I wasn't really planning to finish it before lunch, so I'm happy to have gotten almost done. I'm putting together a package, complete with detailed instructions, on spyware removal for our students at the University. This way they can do this work themselves. They all need to learn it anyway. I wrote up detailed instructions for 8 pieces of software. Complete for installation and use. I even did pictures for some of it. If they can't do this, they have major problems and probably shouldn't have made it into college.
We'll possibly be going to see Pirates this weekend. Our friend Shaphan was apparently going to ask us to his house for movies and Magic, but we already had the plans with Joe. Including me cooking. But they want to see the movie tomorrow. And I guess now that Shaphan has gotten paid he and Dee have the money to take the kids to a movie. I'm sure it'll be fun, and it's supposedly a really good movie...
One of the couples in my department at work are having a baby in September. There shower is coming up. I'm going shopping tomorrow to get gifts. I'm not sure what I want to get them. I'll probably go for a combination of stuff they registered for and some other misc. stuff. But I'm sure I'll have fun shopping for them. And deciding what to buy for my new neice or nephew! :)

1 comment:

mamabrandi said...

WOW ... I am glad that you have a new person to sit with ya... well not a new person but new to the front person! I hope that everything works out well and that Jan will begin to like the front I like working with you up there! But I can see what Robin was thinking about putting an end to the constant flow of new workers up there.