08 May 2006

Weekend Ups and Downs

The weekend started on a good note that ended up being quite a downer. Josh told me Friday morning that my flowers had come in. I was THRILLED to hear that. Until I go home and say them. They are quite hideous. Not at all what I had ordered. Unfortunately, I was unable to reach the company Friday afternoon to go ahead and arrange for a return. I called my sister Jackie and I was hysterical. She promised me that everything would be ok and we would get flowers this coming weekend and get everything done. Nothing but time helped me to calm down. At this point, I really don't care if we have flowers at the damn wedding or not. We should have eloped. It's easier!
Momma and I spent the weekend on the dress. It's nearly finished. We did the hem and the sleeves and finished attaching the skirt. We even did a homemade garter for me to wear. It looks good. The only thing left to do is press it and add the drop beads. And she didn't want to do that until right before the wedding.
At least the rest of the weekend went ok. I think I might have even passed my final, although I don't think I could fail the class if I tried. YAY for me!!!

No comments: