18 May 2006

More News

It is currently the period of news. So, time for an update.
I bought a new phone yesterday because the people at Cellular South haven't been able to keep mine working. I got the Kyocera Candid KX 16. So far I like it. I once again have a phone with Fur Elise for a ringtone. It has a lot of crappy ringtones on it. It sucks because I'm going to have to sign up for Brew again and buy a few ringtones and wallpapers. The phone's selection sucks. But it was a cheap phone. I have to set up my speeddial numbers again too.
The washer and dryer situation keeps getting better and better. Aunt May offered to sell us the set in her house. Mr. Williams was just going to have to take hers to her and get them. He's decided he doesn't want to do that. He says that if he gets down there and what she has is crap, then someone's feelings are gonna get hurt. So this morning he offered to give us what is in their house and them buy a new washer and dryer. They have a very nice set, and I think it is only a little over three years old. But I hate to ask them to fork out that kind of money. It really bothers Josh too. But I don't think he's going to tell them no. He's just thinking that we can give them whatever money we can spare to help with the burden of them buying a new set.
Chuck came to see the apartment last night. He seems to like it. He kept mentioning how familiar it was. He and Joe had a two bedroom in WestGate for a while. I've invited Stimpy to come after work tonight. He's going to pick up the $20 he owes me before he goes. Which is good because I have to pick up Josh before I go to the apartment after work. I'm very excited. We have another trunk load of stuff to take in tonight. I think I'm going to run the dishwasher tonight while we are there. I mostly brought kitchen stuff anyway. If Ms. Cindy isn't doing laundry tonight I'm going to wash towels. I can go ahead and get all that stuff we got washed, and wash the sheets we got and we'll have clean linens when we move in. And that could go ahead and be part of my load tomorrow.
Josh and Mr. Williams are going to load up the trailer after lunch tomorrow. That way we can get an earlier start on Saturday. Will is coming up to help us move. Josh thinks he is bringing a trailer with him too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But the sooner we can get it all to the 'burg the better.
Mr. Williams said he would also help us touch up the paint sometime soon as well as change out all the faceplates in the apartment. The ones in there are old and tacky. I think he said that he had several good looking ones. Josh is even going to ask if he will help us to put a ceiling fan in the small bedroom. We actually want to use it for our bedroom and have the bigger room for company. But we'll just have to wait and see how that works out. Josh said he thinks they have a couple of old ceiling fans maybe...
I've got a lot of stuff left to pack at the house. I think I'm about ready to just start taking boxes and shove stuff in them. Then I can go through and put it where it goes in the apartment. I'm definitely thinking of doing this on clothing. Most of the stuff I have doesn't really wrinkle, so it shouldn't be a problem. And enough of my clothes are already on hangers to make them easy to put away.
YAY!!! Things are coming together!

No comments: