17 May 2006

Apartment!!!

We picked up the keys to our apt during lunch. I like it. It's about a 15 minute walk for me to work. (10 minutes when I went at lunch, but I didn't have my bag and there was NO traffic at all. Campus is empty.)
For those who are familiar with Hattiesburg, we are in WestGate Apartments, just off campus. The place is a little shabby, but it's an apartment. My only complaint is the kitchen. It doesn't exist. I don't know that I've ever seen such a tiny kitchen. Oh well, I'll just have to keep some of my cookware in other parts of the apartment. Because I really don't think that everything is going to fit in that kitchen.
The bathroom is small, but I think it's really average for an apartment bathroom. It's the size of the one's in our friends' apartments. I've just always lived in places with big bathrooms.
The room we intend to use for our bedroom will hold the bed, and nothing else. But it would really be useless for anything else. And the only thing we really need there is a bed, right?
The other room has a NICE closet though. It was built in shelves and is a walkin closet. I think it will do nicely.
We are getting a couch, chair, and recliner from Josh's parents. We also have my futon, recliner, and papassan chair. I think we will be set on furniture.
We're going to get our own washer and dryer, or borrow a family one. The one's the apt was willing to rent us were definitely not worth the costs. They looked like they were on their final legs.
The kitchen appliances aren't wonderful, but they are clean. And they should do nicely. I think Josh just isn't used to the apt gig. Things are as nice as when you own your own home and have the money to buy the appliance you want. We are set up good though.
Josh's parents are coming by after work tonight to take a look at the place. They had already seen the outside, but we didn't have the keys yet. I can't wait for us to actually get moved in!!!!

No comments: