23 May 2006

Apartment Update

Well, we are in our new apartment. It's still a wreck though.
We have all the furniture in, with the exception of a dresser and a bookcase. And my computer desk. It will hopefully be coming tonight. A friend has been borrowing it for the last two years while I didn't have room for it.
I have a lot of the kitchen stuff unpacked already. But I still have three boxes of the old stuff and a fair chunk of the new stuff to unpack. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get stuff to fit. I opened one of the bigger boxes last night and decided to leave it alone for a while. However, I did notice that one of my cake pans had rust spots on the bottom. That's all I could see through the packing peanuts.
We don't have our washer and dryer yet, but it might be coming tomorrow. Ms. Cindy said she thought they were coming into town tonight to pick up their new one. In which case ours can be delivered tomorrow night. That would be good. We HAVE to wash towels tonight, but the clothes can easily wait a little longer. Which is good because I have just enough quarters for one load of laundry.
We have cable internet. Comcast has changed their setup from when I had it before though. It was a bitch to install! Josh was on the phone with a Comcast tech for a while to get it going. He had a connection to download their client, but the client couldn't find a connection. That was a mess.
I got a lot of boxes thrown away this morning. Hopefully I will get a couple more emptied and in the trash tonight. I want to have the place as close to decent as I can get it by tomorrow. I'm thinking of even having Josh do some work before he leaves town tomorrow night. Just to provide some extra hands on the work. There's just so much that needs to be done.
Ya know what, I think I might try to get the futon together tonight. That would be a good project that really needs to be done. I could work on it between loads of dishes and laundry. I think I have all the tools I would need to do it. I just wish I had the directions still. Maybe I can find them online...
Well, I'll try to update y'all again before I leave town tomorrow. I'm leaving around lunch to go get Momma. Of course, I might not leave quite then. I might get them to meet me in West Point or something like that. Then I could get a couple more things done in the apartment before I leave town. I would just need to leave about an hour later than I had planned...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Cory, just wanted to wish you a perfect, wonderful wedding this weekend!!! May your marriage be filled with endless happiness!!!