16 August 2005

V A C A T I O N

I finally got a well deserved vacation. I took Friday and Monday off from work. I drove home Thursday night.

It was great to be home. I haven't seen my parents since Father's Day, and hadn't spent the weekend at their house since before then! And Daddy's birthday is today, so I have to remember to call after I finish with my blog! I got him a new shirt because he gets everthing he wants himself. And he has over 600 DVDs!

Momma and I got to go shopping. It was fun. I bought a new purse and she got new sneakers. We also had fun window shopping in the Wal-Mart craft department. She picked out the dress she wants to make my neice for my wedding. Ashleigh will be 1.5 years old then. A little too young to be a flower girl, but that's ok. :)

We also made a baby blanket for a girl at work. I'll have to get her to take a picture of it because I didn't get a chance to. I'll post it once I can get one from her.

I also watched some movies with Daddy. We watched Sin City and Kung Fu Hustle. I liked Sin City, but Hustle was a bit of a let down. But then again, one of my friends had been talking a lot about going to see it, so I just set my expectations too high. It wasn't really a bad movie.

I came back early on Monday to talk to the florist, baker, rental place, and tux shop for the wedding. The baker was the one I was really worried about getting to. But her shop was closed because of storm damage to the HUGE oak tree right at her front door. I guess I will have to do that stuff by phone. If I can remember to call her....

That pretty much covers my weekend, other than saying I got to spend time in my parent's pool. LOVE THE POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my only time to go swimming this year. I loved it.

No comments: