26 June 2006

This is what Mondays are SUPPOSED to be like

Today hasn't been too bad a day. As a matter of fact, only one bad thing so far. I couldn't find my keys this morning and was a whole 4 minutes late. There are people in this office that are NEVER that early.
The morning kinda flew by. After Michelle got here I went and got some breakfast. (I had trouble sleeping last night, so DEFINTELY no time for breakfast!)
It was nearly 9 before I got around to logging into the Helpdesk phones. That's not too bad because I have the morning round of e-mail and such to deal with. Then, next thing I know, it's 5 til 11. I've been bored all morning, but the time has FLOWN!
I ate lunch at the apt with the honey. That went fine.
I got back from lunch and things hadn't exploded. Just a little catch up work to do. Then back to the slow boringness. I've only had one upset customer and one that couldn't describe her problem properly. But we got through both of those and got off the phone in good moods.
Then I was working on a laptop with some spyware problems. The battery dies. I check again in the bag to see if the cord is there, no cord. So, I call the girl to ask her to bring it. Here is the jist of the converstaion...

Tech: Hi! I've been working on your laptop, but the battery died.
Client: The cord is in the bag.
Tech: Could you tell me where, because I've found your socks...but no-
Client: Oh! I'm sorry. It's right here. I meant to put it in my bag.

Ok. So there was more to the conversation, but not much. That was ten minutes ago and I'm still laughing over it.
Ok. She just brought it in. Definitely a dumb blonde!

I hope the day gets better. At least we have a departmental meeting this afternoon. Those always sport something to laugh about. Even if it isn't really a good laugh.

No comments: