11 August 2006

School Expenses

I really don't know how people manage to go to college these days. It's Expensive!
I still paid $355.80, minus supplies, and I don't pay tuition! And tuition for my 2 meesley classes was $1,152.00. Both of my classes are online, so hopefully I won't need much in the way of supplies other than my laptop. I can't help but wonder how people can pay for it. One of the guys that works with me couldn't borrow enough money for school. His parents had to take out loans too. It ridiculous. You would think that public education would be affordable. 7 students' tuition to this place for a year pays my salary. You would think that they would pay us more if they are charging the kids that much. I certainly couldn't afford to take classes if it weren't a fringe benefit.

Sorry, just felt a need to rant after my trip to the bookstore. On the other hand, our new Barnes and Nobles looks pretty cool. I hope to find some time next week to really take a look at it. I might have to skip lunch one day. Admittantly, it looks like a BnN, but I won't to see all the new stuff that they have in now that they actually have a little room!

No comments: