24 January 2006

Things are back to normal....

Somewhat.

I've survived the first morning of our office being open after the fall rush. The afternoon has been kinda slow though. I slowed down right when I left for lunch. But that was a good thing. Because I had accumplated four computers that I didn't know when I would get to work on those. Brandi is out on assignments across campus so I am holding down the front desk all by myself.
Luckily, I managed to get everything done. I don't know how I'm going to survive this on a regular basis though. It's incredibly boring without her to talk to.

I've been drafted to plan the wedding shower for one of our technicians. Ms. Becky still hasn't let me know when she wants it to be. She had mentioned early next week. I haven't been to a wedding shower since my sister got married, and that was ten or so years ago. I've never actually given one. So I honestly don't know what to do. But I did come up with one good idea. I bought some blank postcards to make my Save-the-Date cards, and I'm going to make some advice/note cards for everyone to write him stuff. I think they will appreciate that.
Our systems on campus today have been ridiculous. Nothing stays working for very long, and some things have been broken all day long. Like our e-mail system. The system that updates passwords isn't talking to the e-mail server. So I haven't had e-mail all day.

Well, this post has taken all afternoon and I don't have much written. One of the temps asked me where the prozac machine was so he could go get me one. LOL Well, maybe I can at least go find a drink somewhere on the way home!

No comments: